Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Me

Danielle often calls me an old man. This is very true in some ways. I watch the news for at least two, sometimes three hours a night. I get more angry at the news than when I stub my toe, or burn my popcorn. Most of the time I'd rather listen to Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, or NPR than the local pop station. I look around in AP U.S. and realize that I'm inticed by Mr. Babb's rambling while everyone else looks like they'e about to kill themselves. So if all of these traits make me an old man, then I am an old man. Guilty as charged.
But I just think I'm different. Sure I may have some of the same interests as an adult, but I have the youthful exuberance of someone my age. I relate to people my age, and simply don't understand the depressing existence of adults. I am a kid. I think somehow I always will be. I never want to be called what is a "realist". Someone who looks at how much the world is going to screw him and accept what he can get within society's limits. I never want to be this. We are part of society, and we will set it's limits. I am an optimist. A humanist. A hopeist. Yes I just made that last one up, but that's what I am. I look at people and try to see that there is good somewhere there. I know where I want to go in life, but really have no idea how I'm going to get there. I just know that I am going to get there.
There is a reason why I come closer to crying when I see a man sleeping under a bench than when someone I know loses a close relative. I don't know what it is. But I am going to find out. There are just so many thoughts always swirling in my head. I am literally always thinking about something. Whether it be political, idealistic, or very personal. Regardless of what it is, I always feel the same flame burning inside of me. This is my passion. My passion for what I believe in, and my passion for other people. I love seeing other people's happiness, even if I dont know them, though I can often not find that same happiness for myself. Just smoke weed, say some of my friends, that'll make you happy, and quell those thoughts of yours. It just doesn't work for me.
Anyway, that's Eric's personal blog. You'll get one of these every now and then. To some it all up I have no idea who I am, only what I belive. I'll figure it out eventually. I just want to be able to transfer that fire inside of me into a fire that the rest of the world can use. In essence, I want to change the world. I said it. Call me corny, call me a self-rightous ass (I really dont think I do much for myself). But that's what I plan to do, and let any "realist" out there try to stop me.

...and by the way, Vote Obama. He gets it.

No comments: